Code of Conduct - Events
Any event organised or endorsed by the Microservices Community must be in line with the values and culture of equality, openness, and respect of the Microservices Community.
Specifically, events organised or endorsed by the Microservices Community are required to adopt the following code of conduct or implement equivalent guarantees.
We are dedicated to providing a harassment free experience for everyone, and we do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. We ask you to be considerate of others
and behave professionally and respectfully to all other participants. This code and related procedures also apply to unacceptable behaviour occurring outside the scope of community activities,
in all community venues— online and in-person— as well as in all one-on-one communications, and anywhere such behaviour has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of
any community member. Exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, staff and all other attendees at events organised by or in collaboration with the Microservices Community are subject to these Community
Guidelines and Code of Conduct.
Diversity and inclusion make the Microservices Community strong. We encourage participation from the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible and want to be very clear about where we stand.
Our goal is to maintain a safe, helpful and friendly Microservices Community for everyone, regardless of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal
appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other protected categories under applicable law.
- Be professional.
- Be responsible.
- Be welcoming.
- Be kind.
- Be respectful of other viewpoints and ideas.
- Be supportive and look out for each other.
Harassment may include but is not limited to the following:
- Offensive, inappropriate, or unwanted comments related to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity,
national origin, religion, or age, or other protected categories under applicable law.
- Visual harassment e.g. sexual imagery or use of sexual language
- Disrespect towards differences of opinion
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate or unwanted physical contact
- Intimidation or bullying (online or in-person)
- Unwelcome sexual attention
Reporting and Enforcement
- If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations of this Code of Conduct, please contact us by filing an incident report
and sending it via e-mail to Sabine Sachweh (ssachweh at microservices dot community) or Balint Maschio (bmaschio at microservices dot community).
Your responses within the submitted report will be kept confidential in any case.
- If necessary, event staff are empowered to take appropriate actions that may include, but are not limited to, warnings, expulsion from the event without refund, and referrals to venue security or local law enforcement.